Hourly Paid Learning Support Assistant
At Capital City College Group (CCCG) we are dedicated to transforming lives through exceptional education and training. Our focus is providing our learners with the skills to be successful in their futures, whether that is continuing in education through higher education, or an apprenticeship, or supporting them into a higher-level job.
Capital City College Group is the largest college group in London, recently rated as Good by Ofsted with Strong for skills on the new enhanced inspection framework. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About the role:
Capital City College Group is seeking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to work at City and Islington College. Reporting to the ALS Manager, you will be a key member of the College’s ALS Team.
In this role you will work with the ALS team and teaching staff to support learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities (including emotional and/or behavioural difficulties) within the Campuses. You will differentiate and facilitate learning according to the learner need. You will be working with small groups, 1:1 and as floating support.
To be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need to possess all or most of the following:
- A good general level of education with a GCSE English and Maths to C or above.
- Experience and proven success in providing learning support to students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in an educational setting.
- Experience and flexibility in providing a range of support needs, including 1:1, in class and group support, and ability to differentiate to these different support modes.
- An understanding and commitment to the College policy on Equality of Opportunity and a willingness to promote these in all aspects of the work
- Experience of working with learners with learning/behavioural difficulties and disabilities aged 14 and up.
- To be familiar with Safeguarding and the SEND Code of Practice
At CCCG we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We create a safe and trusting professional environment where people are treated well and equally.
We are committed to safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check.
Our values Respect, Aspiration, Collaboration and Opportunity are the key ideas and principles that people within our organisation and our partners believe are important. They sum Our Purpose: why we do what we do, and Our Approach: how we go about our work.
City and Islington College has 5 specialist centres across London, located in Angel, Holloway Road and Finsbury Park, offering an extensive range of academic and vocational courses for all ages.
Our Sixth Form centre located on our Angel Campus offers over 30 A Level subjects to our students, one of the largest choices in the UK, providing high level academic study for around 1,800 students wishing to progress to university
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient application for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible
Closing date: Friday 28th April 2023
Potential interview date: Thursday 4th May – Friday 5th May 2023
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Capital City College Group
- Finsbury Park
- £19.49 per hour
- Subject Area
- Special Needs and Supported Learning
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time