Work Experience and Industry Placement Officer
About the role:
Working with our Creative subjects such as Fashion, Performing Arts and Music, the Work Experience and Industry Placement Officer will effectively engage with local and regional employers to source work experience opportunities for learners and ensure that the preparation, delivery, and evaluation of placements are meaningful, relevant, and sustained to a high quality.
The Work Experience and Industry Placement Officer will develop excellent working relationships with students, employers, and colleagues, be understanding of students' needs, and understand how to equip students with the employability skills needed to undertake a successful placement.
• You will be an enthusiastic individual who is open to a challenge and enjoys working within a vibrant, enthusiastic, and fast paced team.
• You will have a Level 3 qualification or equivalent and at least two years' experience in a similar working environment, or experience of work within the industry sectors related to our students' courses.
• You will have excellent networking and interpersonal skills, comfortable developing business opportunities and communicating with a range of audiences including employers, academic staff, and students.
• You will be comfortable working in a target-driven environment and be able to work flexibly to meet the changing demands of a busy service. You will be accountable for work placements across several curriculum areas, as well as helping to organise sector-specific careers events and other projects that benefit our students. Experience in supporting students in developing soft skills and work-ready behaviours, would be great to see.
• You should have excellent communication skills, an ability to provide exceptional customer service and a passion for bridging the gap between education and the world of work. Knowledge of the local and regional labour market is an advantage.
We are the largest college group in London. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About Westminster Kingsway College:
Westminster Kingsway College is a further education college in central London with centres in Camden and Westminster. It offers a huge array of academic and vocational courses for 16-18 year olds and adult learners, such as A-Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships, Foundation Degrees, Access to Higher Education, employability training and short courses. It also offers bespoke training for employers and specialist programmes delivered in conjunction with the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy.
Westminster Kingsway is an award-winning provider of hospitality and culinary arts courses. For over a century it has been at the forefront of culinary arts education in the UK, providing UK restaurants with highly-skilled chefs, front-of-house staff and management. The college can count among its alumni Jamie Oliver, Ainsley Harriot and Selin Kiazim.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th May 2023
Interview Date: TBC
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Capital City College Group
- Kings Cross
- £32,454 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Careers Advice, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time