Lecturer in Bricklaying
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Bricklaying to join our Construction department within Selby College. This is a fantastic opportunity to pass on your sector knowledge and experience to our students in order to help support them complete their studies and achieve their goals.
As a Lecturer in Bricklaying you will provide outstanding teaching to ensure that all learners, post 16 and apprentices within their remit, successfully achieve their highest potential within the time planned. You will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
The post holder will benefit from a very supportive team of specialists.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with high standards who will be fully committed to ensuring our students achieve their full potential. The post holder must be capable of working as a member of a team with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
As a Lecturer in Bricklaying you should:
- Be qualified to Level 3 in Trowel trade
- Ideally be qualified to Level 4 in Construction
- Hold GCSE’s A* - C (9 - 4) in English and Math’s or equivalent. Where unavailable be prepared to undertake an assessment at interview and be willing to undertake when commencing employment
- A PGCE or recognised full teaching qualification would be advantageous
- Have experience of working with 16–18-year-olds, ideally in a teaching capacity
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
See what we have to offer and come and join us…You won’t be disappointed
-Generous Annual Leave
-Personal and Professional Development opportunities
-Good Pension Scheme
-Reduced price personal gym membership
-Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 2nd June 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s or referrals.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Heart of Yorkshire Education Group
- £26,018 to £33,911 per annum, dependent on qualifications
- Subject Area
- Building and Construction
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time