Receptionist x2 (LUM300/155)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £21,028 per annum
- 15 May 2023
- 28 May 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
About the Role
Two vacancies available:
Full time 37 hours per week
Part time 32 hours per week
As Receptionist you will be Front of House at a very busy Campus. Your main role will be to meet and greet students, staff, parents and all external visitors to the Campus, ensuring that all Safeguarding processes are adhered to. You will deal with a variety of enquires by email, telephone and face to face contact. We currently have 180 Foundation Studies students and approximately 300 Adults studying English & Maths on site.
What You Will Do
- You will provide a warm welcome to everyone on site, ensuring visitors are signed in and aware of the College Safeguarding procedures.
- You will support the department in ensuring that student attendance is recorded and absences are followed up and recorded appropriately. This will involve contacting students, parent & Carers or Transport departments.
- You will support the Campus Management team in ensuring that the Campus runs smoothly at all times and provide support to the Administrative team.
- No two days will be the same in this busy, customer centred role and you will be required to deal with enquires in person, by email and on the telephone.
- You will have experience of working in a very busy customer centre role, preferably within an educational setting.
- Experience of work with databases would be an advantage in this role.
- You will have excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of the Microsoft and Google suites.
- You will have a good eye for detail, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and will be able to work as part of a team and on your own iniative.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.