To attract the specialist talent and calibre for this role we are offering a golden hello of approximately £4,200 for those who meet this criteria.
We are looking for individuals who can inspire and deliver outstanding lessons for our T- level, BTEC and HNC computing students, in our fantastic computing labs and workshops.
The successful applicant will join our computing team of tutors and will be responsible for the delivery of our computing curriculum delivering modules on topics such as Project management, Network administration, Database design/administration, Cloud computing, Cyber security and programming.
We are particularly interested in individuals who have good knowledge of cloud computing and virtual environments and Cyber security, but a general computing background is accepted as we can add a training schedule for those who need this.
The role will see you responsible for a group of computing students who you will provide pastoral support while monitoring attendance, providing progress reviews, assessments and supporting their progression plans towards a career in the Digital Industries.
This will include supporting their applications to Universities and producing CVs for employment.
Our resources are exceptional and you will have access to working with students in our CISCO Academy while also having access to robotics and an impressive suite of technology for developing students understanding of emerging and more established technologies.
- Our tutors are dual practitioners and demonstrate expertise in teaching and learning as well as having recent experience and track record of working in the Digital Industries. However, we are happy to welcome industry specialists who have some experience in teaching and working with young people and as a result are keen to continue to develop their teaching skills. If you have not taught previously please state in your application why you feel you would like to work in education.
- Qualifications could include BSc (Computing subject)
- PGCE Secondary or FE
- Digital Industry experience is expected
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £29,165 - £33,800 per annum
- Subject Area
- Information and Communication Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time