Business Apprentice (Subcontracting) (LUM496/240)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Apprenticeship Rates
- 09 May 2023
- 01 Jun 2023
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern
- Job Function
- Sales and Marketing, Strategy and Planning
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
This is a great opportunity for someone who is wanting to learn and develop, and who may be entering this career pathway for the first time and want to develop their skills and knowledge in a Business Administrator role
The post holder will offer a customer focussed responsive and quality administrative service whilst ensuring efficient, accurate and timely processing of purchasing transactions. In particular, the post holder will support the wider Apprenticeship Quality team in the maintenance of the enrolments, apprentice database, employer contracts, registers, audit and quality processes. The post holder will, at all times, comply with LCC Group Financial Regulations and Apprenticeship Procedures and maintain a pro-active and diligent approach to fraud awareness.
You will attend off the job once a week and complete all of your learning whilst working at Leeds City College. An assessor/coach will be assigned to you as the apprentice and meet with the you every 6-8 weeks to support and guide you through the programme.
The Apprenticeship will take 15 months with an additional 3 months at the end for the assessment, which involves the completion of a learning portfolio, a test your knowledge quiz and a work based project.
What’s in it for you...
Join us, and you’ll discover that there’s more to running a business than you ever expected. You’ll get to work in the centre of a busy, focused team responsible for the quality and compliance of apprenticeship provision, working on projects that have company wide impact, and you’ll spot a thousand ways to make your mark. You’ll get lots of development opportunities, along with plenty of in house and external mentoring and support.
What You Will Do
- Support and assist with the effective and efficient running of the quality within the Subcontractor and Apprenticeship team by assisting with funding & audit checks
- Maintain the apprentice’s details within the MIS database, processing requests for new apprentices ensuring they are audit compliant for the Leeds City College Group, ensuring accurate input to prevent duplication and ensuring that employers' financial and other information is accurate and authentic.
- Undertake general administrative and clerical tasks, including word processing, use of databases, purchase order processing, spreadsheets, email, photocopying, scanning and filing.
- To support the Quality and Performance meetings with curriculum to drive quality within the provision
- To carry out regular accuracy checks of all data within the Department as directed by the School Administration Leader and maintain data standards including adherence to the GDPR
- It is essential that you can work well with people.
- This role will need engagement from the whole department, so excellent communication skills will be an advantage.
- You will need to be highly organised and focused driven.
- Have a can do attitude and willingness to learn
- Promote a positive image.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.