Safeguarding & Wellbeing Assistant (0.8fte)
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- £16, 255.20 - £16, 714.40 pa (pro rata to £20, 319 - £20, 893 pa)
- 31 Mar 2023
- 04 May 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Are you committed to supporting the welfare of students and young people? Are you keen to support colleagues to provide a first line response to students requiring advice and support. If so, this could be the role for you!
We are looking for someone to provide administrative support and contribute to a customer led service as part of a growing student welfare and wellbeing team.
Key elements of this role include;
- To provide a professional and efficient administration service for Student support team.
- To provide initial support to students with signposting to appropriate support across college and externally.
- To assist with administration for the Student Support team, including maintaining and tracking documentation and preparing relevant forms.
- To liaise with feeder schools to obtain safeguarding files at the start of academic year. Transfer relevant information to college safeguarding system My Concern with guidance from safeguarding coordinators.
- To maintain Student Support Moodle page and digital screens.
- To monitor KCSIE compliance and enrolment to the college safeguarding system for all new starters.
- To complete administrative tasks related to My Concern safeguarding system to include the collation and preparation of data.
- To offer support to students with low level wellbeing concerns in the first instance before referring to other appropriate internal and external support.
- To attend any appropriate wellbeing meetings for students.
The successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, abilities and qualities will include:
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- Experience of working as a member of a team
- Experience of collating data and presenting this in a user friendly format
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Commitment to enhancing the experience through service excellence
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively within a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills with the ability to use the range of Microsoft packages
- Ability to provide courteous and high standards of customer service
- Ability to work flexibly to meet changing needs
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 13 April 2023 at 5:30pm.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.