Land Based Maintenance Technician
Kingshill Farm at Shuttleworth College is looking for a maintenance assistant to join our team. The role will be based at the farm, which is mixed arable and livestock.
The ideal candidate will have practical experience of buildings and grounds maintenance. They will be able to demonstrate a range of maintenance skills and operate relevant machinery. They will also be able to work effectively as part of a team and support health and safety.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Safeguarding our Students
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates barred from working with children are reminded that it is a criminal offence to submit an application for this post.
Working for The Bedford College Group
• 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
• 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
• Peoples Pension
• Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
• Retail and leisure discounts
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Old Warden
- £20, 258 pa
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time