Kingshill Farm at Shuttleworth College is looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Farm Manager to join our team. The manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our farm, which is mixed arable and livestock. The post offers the opportunity for on-site accommodation with a two-bedroom cottage available for the successful post holder.
The ideal candidate will have extensive practical experience in farm-related roles, including crop and livestock husbandry, excellent organisational skills and the ability to lead a team by example. They will be degree qualified in agriculture or a similar relevant subject area. They will also be able to work with multiple stakeholders and possess an understanding of regenerative farming practices, alongside a demonstrable knowledge of regulatory and farm assurance standards and their implementation.
The farm is a working learning environment for our students and the successful candidate needs to be willing to share their knowledge, skills and enthusiasm with students.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Relocation to Kingshill Farm
The successful candidate will be expected to relocate to Kingshill Farm, a refurbished two-bedroom property is available for the post holder.
Interested candidates can contact P. Mijalski on 01767 626222, for an informal discussion regarding the role or to arrange a visit to the farm.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Safeguarding our Students
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates barred from working with children are reminded that it is a criminal offence to submit an application for this post.
Working for The Bedford College Group
• 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
• 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
• Peoples Pension
• Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
• Retail and leisure discounts
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Old Warden
- £33,112 pa + benefits
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time