Level 3 Apprenticeship - 14+ Academies Learning Mentor (LUM324/136)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Apprenticeship Rates
- 31 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About the Role
Under 18 - £9,858
18-20 - £13,755
21-22 - £18,289
23+ - £18,328
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as an Apprentice Learning Mentor in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ P-TECH Academy). The 14+ Academies is an alternative environment for young people in Years 10 and 11 who require a different education environment to what is offered in a mainstream school. Learners leave their previous education establishment and join the 14+ Academies roll full time.
The 14+ Academies is a safe and inclusive environment that is accepting of everyone. The design and ethos of the 14+ Academies allows young people to flourish with smaller class sizes, a reduced curriculum, and focus on vocational based learning. The 14+ Academies provides opportunities to young people to maximise their potential, raise aspirations and embrace their individuality. Relationship building is at the heart of it’s ethos, and a high staff to student ratio allows learners to thrive and develop holistically.
We are seeking a driven, focused and passionate individual to undertake this role and explore this incredible opportunity to contribute to the continued success of the 14+ Academies.
What You Will Do
The main duties of this role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Organise and undertake activities with either individuals or small groups of students, to facilitate their emotional and educational development to enable their full potential to be reached.
- To assist teaching staff in the classroom by working 1-1 with learners or in small groups.
- Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the students to be supported, taking into account the type of support involved.
- Provide regular feedback about students to the Teacher and other colleagues, suggesting alternative methods of differentiation that respond to identified needs.
- Assist in the presentation of displays to enhance the learning experience and celebrate the achievements of students.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience and knowledge in delivering and supporting young people on a 1-1 basis
- Experience and knowledge of working with disengaged/disadvantaged young people in an educational setting.
- Able to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff)
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.