Assessor Coach - Community Health and Wellbeing
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £16,697.40 - £18,243 per annum
- 28 Mar 2023
- 10 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Health, Public Services and Social Care
- Job Level
- Trainer / Assessor / Verifier
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for delivering apprenticeships.
We are seeking an outstanding Assessor to plan, deliver and assess our brand new and exciting apprenticeships for Community Health and Wellbeing.
Community Health and Wellbeing is a rapidly growing area as there is an increasing emphasis on improving the health of local people, preventing poor health and tackling inequalities.
The successful candidate will work closely with a range of employers to ensure that our apprentices receive the highest level of training within the sector.
What You Will Do
- You will be raising the profile of the Events, Enterprise and Employability Department in the local, regional and national landscape, and developing links with employers.
- We are looking for innovation, creativity, and high standards.
- You will manage a caseload of learners, organise workplace assessment visits and meetings with employers
- You will interview and recruit learners on to programme
- You will organise and conduct initial assessments and IAG
- You will ensure Frameworks are claimed and within the timescale
- You will maintain accurate recruitment data, reports and records as required by management
- You will contribute to and participate in the assessment and quality assurance procedures for all programmes/ training provision, including Internal Verification to the prescribed standards
- You will contribute to the review and evaluation process in order to ensure year on year improvements.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking Assessor with experience of working within the Health and Wellbeing sector.
- You will build on the existing excellent practice within the department who will help to grow the provision.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.