Teacher, Hair And Beauty (LUM377/132)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 pa, pro rata
- 27 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Hair and Beauty
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time
About the Role
Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. In 2022-23 there were over 5000 students with a team of 190, bringing education and life-changing experiences to our learners. This post is hourly paid, one day per week, teaching Hair & Beauty at Deacon House, LS14, alongside other hairdressing teachers.
You can see our Adult part-time courses here: https://leedscitycollege.ac.uk/courses/hairdressing-part-time-courses-for-adults-2/
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Develop the essential knowledge and understanding to teach Hair & Beauty learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Monitor students to achieve their targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Successful candidates will need to be a qualified teacher who holds a PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification, or willing to work towards one.
- Successful candidates will have a minimum Level 3 Diploma or equivalent in both Hairdressing and Beauty with industry experience.
- Will have the responsibility for delivering innovative teaching up to level 2
- Assessors Qualification is desirable
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.