Lecturer In Health
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Health to become a key member of our Care, Childcare and Counselling department.
As a Lecturer / Trainee Lecturer in Health, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying on a range of Health and T Level qualifications.
- Working alongside employers (including the NHS) in establishing and maintaining vocationally relevant placement opportunities and experiences for all students.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Department in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
- Keeping CPD in industry knowledge up to date.
Our ideal candidates will have working or have worked within the Health (clinical) sector and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area., alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 4 (and above) qualifications in Health (clinical pathways) sector related studies
- Clinical experience in the Health sector
- Willingness to work towards the Certificate in Education qualification
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
- Evidence of recent sector updating
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Lecturer Health JD PS Final (002).docx
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £26,000 - £32,640 pa
- Subject Area
- Health, Public Services and Social Care
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time