Instructor - Mechanical Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Cauldwell campus for a Instructor - Mechanical Engineering to become a key member of our Engineering department.
Instructor - Mechanical Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- To provide mechanical skill instruction and assessment to students in workshop and practical areas.
- To prepare and deliver practical learning materials to learners across a range of courses to include fitting, milling, turning and maintenance.
- To oversee all workshop and practical areas across the programme area with responsibility for Health and Safety.
- To provide technical support in workshop and classroom areas
Our ideal candidates will have successful practical experience in vocational area to include milling/turning and Knowledge of current industry practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 qualification in specialism
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards a qualification in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTTLS)
- Willingness to work towards Assessor and Verifier qualifications
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Instructor - Job Description.docx
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £31,780 pa
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Technician, Trainer / Assessor / Verifier
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time