Student Wellbeing Lead
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting and new opportunity for a Student Wellbeing Lead to join our dedicated Student Experience team. Reporting to the Local College Director, the Student Wellbeing Lead will provide leadership to the Student Wellbeing team and provide a student wellbeing support service for mental health and wellbeing across the Heart of Yorkshire Education Group.
You will co-ordinate the student wellbeing provision to support the wellbeing needs of students, ensuring the provision is of a high quality, visible and responsive. You will support in reducing the level of student absence, improving retention and achievement by offering mentoring support to students at risk of disengaging. As well as making referrals to relevant internal/external services for students to support their needs to overcome barriers to learning.
This role will also require training as a designated safeguarding person to ensure a culture of safeguarding is embedded across the service which aligns to our safeguarding policy and procedures.
This is a very diverse role, where you will work within a busy environment and liaise with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about student’s achieving their full potential and putting the facilities and support in place to make sure we prepare students not only for college but for life and work beyond college. You should be a positive individual, who can engage and support young people in life enhancing opportunities and activities and be able to work with a range of stakeholders in a pastoral and student support setting.
As a Student Wellbeing Lead, you should:
- Hold a Level 4 or above qualification in a relevant area
- Hold GCSE A* C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have good problem solving, conflict resolution skills and an awareness of a range of personal difficulties experienced by young people.
For further details please refer to the job description and person specification.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Good Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme, with lots of initiatives to support mental health and wellbeing
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
- Sociable, feel good days and celebration events
Closing date: Wednesday 17th April 2023
Interview date: Wednesday 24th April 2023
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Heart of Yorkshire Education Group
- £27,585 to £29,260 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time