Recruitment Advisor - Fixed-Term (Maternity Cover)
The Bedford College Group are looking for a highly motivated Recruitment Advisor to join our team and provide day-to-day support and guidance to our team of Coordinators and act as a key point of contact for hiring managers. As a Recruitment Advisor, you will be responsible for ensuring that processes are working and we continue to attract, recruit and retain the best candidates to meet our business needs. In this role a key focus will be on maintaining compliance with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance and knowledge in this area would be useful.
- Provide day-to-day support to the team of Coordinators
- Provide support to the Group Recruitment Manager to develop and implement recruitment strategies to meet business needs
- Oversee recruitment process, including advertising, interviewing, offers and onboarding.
- Build and maintain relationships with hiring managers, escalating challenges to the Group Recruitment Manager
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and employment laws
- Analyse recruitment data and provide reports to management
- Level 3 CIPD Qualification
- Proven experience in recruitment, ideally within the Education Sector.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of recruitment software and databases
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates are reminded that if they are barred from working with children it is a criminal offence to submit an application for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Central Bedfordshire College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Attachments: Recruitment Adviser JDPS Oct22.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Up to £25,500 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Human Resources
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time