Student Engagement Officer (ESOL 16-23s) (LUM377/122)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £20,987 - £22,200 per annum
- 27 Mar 2023
- 31 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Adult, Community & ESOL (ACE) department who were graded Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. The ESOL department at Leeds City College has been internally validated as a grade 1 department for the last four years. We are looking to appoint a full-time Student Engagement Officer for our 16-23 provision, working with the existing Pastoral Team.
You will work to support and promote 16-23 students in the ESOL department, and other adults where appropriate, working with the Student Engagement team and wider college departments, including outside agencies.
What You Will Do
- Support the WEX process and liaise with the Careers Team to promote engagement and participation
- Support a range of enrichment activities and opportunities to enhance students’ personal and social development.
- Provide support, guidance and supervision to our 16-123 and adult ESOL learners.
- Be an advocate for student voice
- Lead on extra-curricular activities, including themes such as Prevent, I’m In, Staying Green, etc
- Level 3 or above qualification in a relevant area
- Experience of working with young people and adults in an education/community setting
- An understanding of current health, fitness and wellbeing issues relevant to teenage learners
- Experience of working to quality standards and deadlines
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.