Apprentice Level 2 - Hospitality Team Member (LUM616/126)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Apprenticeships Salary
- 27 Mar 2023
- 28 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern, Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About the Role
Working primarily in our award winning Printworks Kitchen & Bar restaurant you will be working alongside a team of highly skilled and industry passionate individuals. Here you will learn, grown and develop your skills whilst gaining an industry qualification. This front of house, customer facing role will involve lots of people interaction, whilst providing lots of opportunity to develop key technical skills.
What You Will Do
- To support the professional delivery of the food and beverage service, to all customers.
- Serve customers professionally and politely
- Take payments from customers and operate a till
- To maintain all areas including front of House, bar and wash up areas to a high standard
- Ensure a safe working environment to meet Health and Safety policies
- Ensure a hygienic working environment to meet all Food Hygiene requirements
- Able to work occasional evening and weekend to support on functions and events
- Mentor and work with Catering Students
- A passion for working within the Hospitality Sector
- A willingness to learn, develop and continue to up-skill
- Experience of working positively with young people and adults
- Experience or willingness to operating a Barista Coffee Machine
- Ability to follow food hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.