Apprentice Teacher (ICT)(LUM377/133)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £18,810 pa
- 24 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Information and Communication Technology
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern, Teacher
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Adult & Community department who were graded Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. We are looking to appoint five teaching apprentices for a September 2023 start. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply. Get paid to qualify as a teacher and have your qualification paid for. Benefit from paid employment status along with 80% on-the-job training and 20% off-the-job-training. We have positions for those interested in training as teachers in:
- Literacy (functional skills and GCSEs)
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Numeracy (functional skills and GCSEs)
- ICT (digital skills) - this is Entry level and level 1 Essential Digital Skills.
Postgraduate Teaching Apprenticeship programmes are a nationally-recognised, work-based route into teaching, offering a postgraduate-level qualification, no tuition fees, and the opportunity to earn while you learn. Apprenticeships are NOT available to those who already have a teaching qualification; e.g. Level 5, Cert Ed, PGCE, Delta.
The ESOL department at Leeds City College has been validated as a grade 1 department for the last four years. Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted. In 2022-23 there were over 5000 adult students and 300 16-19 learners. The team are based predominantly at the Enfield Centre, and with 16-19 (sixth form) groups in North Street, and smaller provision at Beeston, Deacon House and some outreach centres.
What You Will Do
- Learn how to plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Develop the essential knowledge and understanding to teach ESOL learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Monitor students to achieve their targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You should have a passion for helping others.
- You should have a relevant degree.
- Committed to education and learning
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.