Programme Manager (LUM266/145)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £32,251 pa
- 24 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Arts, Crafts and Design
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Curriculum / Course Management, Strategy and Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The Art and Design department at Leeds City College is leading the way across the West Yorkshire region by offering a wide provision of industry led courses, including BTEC and Access to HE which specifically prepare the next generation of creatives for University and/or working in the industry. We are a team of both industry and specialist academic teachers with first class pastoral support staff who ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to come and join our academic team in the delivery of both the BTEC and Access to HE courses across Art and Design and Access to HE art and design.
What You Will Do
- We are looking for a committed, passionate educator and visual arts specialist to lead our team of highly skilled teachers and support staff. You will be responsible for managing approximately 8 staff.
- You will support the learning of around 330 learners with responsibility for implementing strategies to ensure high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates within Visual Arts.
- Your role will include responsibility for leading and managing the design, delivery and quality of the courses, from recruitment to progression on to their next steps, as well the monitoring of student progress and key performance indicators to ensure targets are met.
- You will ensure performance and expectations are incredibly high to give our students the best experience possible.
- You will have extensive experience in a Further Education setting specialising in visual arts subjects at levels 1, 2 and 3, and be able to demonstrate a passion for new and innovative ideas around curriculum development.
- Your experience will include positively managing students to ensure excellent retention, achievement, success and attendance with our cohort of learners.
- You will have a focus on positive student experience and have an overview of the wider college community.
- You will be an effective manager and an innovative problem solver, ensuring the high performance of individuals.
- You will build positive relationships with students and staff using restorative practice techniques, be flexible and a positive role model across our campus.
- Your skillset will also include excellent organisation skills and the ability to provide productive insight into the development of the courses.
- You will ensure Quality processes are implemented, high standards maintained and implement measures where standards have not been met.
- You will also deliver outstanding teaching on one or more of our courses.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.