Course Leader, Maths (LUM60/120)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £25,851 to £27,376 per annum
- 24 Mar 2023
- 16 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support, Curriculum / Course Management
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
Leeds City College are recruiting for a Course Leader in Maths to join the School of Health, Science & Social Care.
This role is based at our Quarry Hill Campus in the centre of Leeds. The team delivers GCSE & Functional Skills Maths to both 16-18 and adult learners who are enrolled on a study programme or a full time Health, Science or Social Care course.
What You Will Do
- This role involves working closely with the Maths Programme Manager to design and deliver innovative and engaging Maths sessions to both 16-18 and adult learners of varying abilities.
- You will be a role model to other Maths teachers and provide support where needed, lead standardisation meetings and share good practice throughout the team.
- You will also work closely with the Study Support Coaches to identify learners who need extra support and small group support.
- The ideal candidate will have a recognised teaching qualification and experience of delivering Maths GCSE and Functional Skills in a FE setting.
- You will have experience of designing a course and course materials which are innovative & engaging, setting targets for students and have strategies and the skills to help students achieve their potential.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.