Events, Projects And Promotions Officer (Apprentice) (LUM466/150)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Apprenticeship Rates
- 23 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Apprentice / Intern
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Fixed Term
- Full Time
Apprenticeship rates for this post are dependant on the candidate's age. See below for the applicable rates:
Under 18 years £9,858
18-20 years £13,755
21-22 years £18,289
23+ years £18,617
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post - 16 students within the Leeds City region. This post sits within the Enterprise and Engagement Directorate, who prioritise practical based learning.
You will work within the Cross College Events and Project Team who run a series of student enhancement projects that facilitate practical learning to accompany the student's courses. We work alongside curriculum departments to create hands on experiences or approach tutors with external partnership opportunities that we have built, to help learners expand their portfolios of experience. Their events include Auction Dinners, Summer Festivals and Charity Fundraisers.
What You Will Do
You will work with the events team to design, facilitate and review events and projects throughout the educational year that enhance learner skills as well as promoting the talent to external stakeholders and partnerships. Below are key responsibilities of the role:
- Contribute to the creative decision making of live events that promote Enterprise & Employability skills across the College.
- Support the organisation, coordination, delivery and promotion of a range of Projects and Events within the Curriculum Area and across the wider College.
- To devise innovative ways of promoting the Events and Projects internally to Staff and Students as well as externally as and when applicable.
- To assist with the promotion, maximisation and co-ordination of external opportunities that become available.
- To evaluate and report on Events and Activities including student numbers, impact and areas for future improvement.
- To work with external organisations to devise new Events, Projects and Activities.
- To set up and maintain financial systems and budgets linked to Events and Activities.
- To ensure that increasing students Enterprise & Employability skills is at the core of all Events and Projects devised.
- You will need to have an interest in working creatively with a range of different events as well as experience of communicating to a variety of audiences efficiently.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification and both GCSE Maths and English at grade C/4 or above.
- You will need excellent organisation skills and both verbal and written communication skills need to be strong.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.