Deputy Head Of HE Data And Student Records (LUM63/157)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £37,375 - £40,835 pa
- 23 Mar 2023
- 05 Apr 2023
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Registry team as Deputy Head of HE Data and Student Records. The team are currently preparing for a new student records system, and the post-holder will lead them in this and the implementation, review and development of the system moving forward. There will be two student record systems in place and the post-holder will be fundamental in interacting with both systems to ensure high quality, effective, robust, and timely data analysis and reporting. The University Centre provides students with the opportunity to study for a broad range of higher education qualifications from foundation degrees, BSc (Hons) / BA (Hons) top-up degree programmes, Higher National Apprenticeships and Degree Apprenticeships.
What You Will Do
This role is responsible for managing the staff and processes in the delivery of accurate student data and records across University Centre Leeds. The post holder will work within a matrix management system and be required to work closely with colleagues across the institution to deliver a professional and adaptive service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the design, preparation, implementation, review and continued development of the new SITS student records system and the existing MIS system (ProSolution), supporting teams to interact seamlessly with both.
- Manage University Centre Leeds data and student records staff via Heads of Department and Programme/team Managers or Course Leaders, providing regulatory advice where appropriate.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Dean and Heads of University Centre Leeds, MIS team and others as well as maintaining curriculum/funding knowledge to deal with a number of curriculum/delivery areas.
- To maintain a sound knowledge of funding and outcomes methodologies (HE, FE and Apprenticeship) and train relevant teams to support funding and performance maximisation and compliance.
- Lead on data analytics across University Centre Leeds, and all it’s provision, to support ongoing internal and external reporting and monitoring, including regulatory requirements such as the Access and Participation Plan and B3.
- Lead on the preparation and timely submission of external data submissions of per regulatory requirements e.g. ILR, Unistats, HESA, HESES, APP reporting, NSS, Graduate Outcomes, Student Fees.
The post holder needs a substantial focus on data records and needs to ensure that the team delivers an effective, timely and customer focused service, which maximises the accuracy and quality of student data in support of a range of statutory returns, collection of income, strategic planning and student & staff satisfaction.
The post holder should have:
- Relevant professional qualification at Level 3 or above or equivalent experience. - Relevant IT qualification or training
- Numeracy and literacy qualification at Level 2 or above.
- In-depth knowledge, and successful track record, of working with an MIS education system, for example, SITS, SIMS, EBS, ProSolution.
- Experience of working in a data management capacity within a School, Academy, 6th Form College, Multi Academy Trust, or FE College or HEI
- Effective line management and coordinating of small teams
- Experience of using and interpreting data systems, trackers, and tools to improve and maximise performance, attainment, and outcomes in an education setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills which can be adapted to meet the needs of a range of audiences including students, colleagues and other partners.
- Able to develop, implement and coordinate plans and change to systems and processes.
- Excellent ability to analyse and present data accurately and understandably to a range of stakeholders. Able to stay calm and work under pressure, prioritising and managing time.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.