- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- Salary Spine - Management Spine - Band C £36,341.00 per annum - £40,949.00 per annum
- 22 Mar 2023
- 11 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Facilities Support, Manager
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We are looking for a Facilities Manager to manage and develop the provision of the Facilities Management Services.
The Facilities Manager is responsible for the Grounds, Security, Maintenance, Caretaking and Administration teams.
The Facilities Manager is a key role at the College to ensure that the site is maintained to its current high standard, is able to support the core academic and commercial business functions and supports the health and safety of our staff and students.
The Facilities Management function comprises managing both hard and soft services and the Facilities Manager plays a vital role in achieving the success of these operations.
Financial skills are essential for the role, as the Facilities Manager you would be expected to manage a £2m budge and achieve best value through cost reduction and effective procurement.
- Manage and develop the provision of Facilities Management Services
- Liaise with other College departments as necessary to facilitate operational requirements
- Liaise with the Hospitality Manager to ensure that the College facilities are available at agreed standards and student accommodation and experience is maintained
- Ensure that the College complies with all relevant Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
A knowledge of building construction and building services is key for this role, preferably within an educational environment.
A key part of this role is to move the management of planned and reactive maintenance functions to a Facilities Management software system to incorporate KPI and SLA reporting. It would be desirable for the candidate to have had experience of these systems.
The campus comprises of separate sites and many buildings, therefore, the ideal candidate should have experience of managing facilities across multi-sites.
Good communications skills are an essential requirement for the Facilities Manager.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 38 days annual leave, including public bank holidays **
- A maximum of 5 College closure days **
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 22.7 %)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
- (** = pro rata for part time)
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.