Sessional Teacher of Maths
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- Lecturer Spine – Band B - £31,413.00 - £37,468.00 per annum (Hourly Rate £25.19 to £30.05)
- 22 Mar 2023
- 03 May 2023
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Part Time
We are looking for a sessional Teacher of Maths to complete our Maths Team at the College.
A variety of hours are available. Please contact the College to discuss availability.
- Are you educated to level 3 or above in your subject area?
- Are you interested in enhancing the learning experiences and outcomes for young people?
- Do you hold or are you willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent?
- Are you looking for a flexible contract rather than a permanent full-time role?
- Lecture and train students and other client groups to quality standards set by the College. More specifically, you will lecture students in Maths to GCSE level as directed by the Head of School.
- Tutor and manage one or more courses or groups of students.
- Development of the Maths curriculum alongside the Head of School.
- Act as a course tutor to full-time and part-time groups with the associated organisation, administration and monitoring of attendances including the collection of data for course evaluation.
To succeed in this position you will need to be educated to Level 3 in a relevant subject. You will also need to hold or be willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
You will need to have up-to-date experience and knowledge of the Maths GCSE curriculum and experience of working in a Further Education setting is desirable.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 44 days annual leave, including public bank holidays **
- A maximum of 5 College closure days **
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.68%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
- (** = pro rata for part time)
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.