Development Worker for the Prince’s Trust at Nottingham College
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, proactive team? We are pleased to be recruiting for a Development Worker for the Prince’s Trust to join the Wellbeing Team. The post is a brand new position, so we are looking for someone excited, motivated and can use initiative to drive and build this position.
You will be organised, motivated and ready for a challenge in this role. You will demonstrate excellent organisational skills, applying professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information. You will be able to work closely with learners, deliver, and design the Prince’s Trust programme to make sure that it is inclusive and promotes a positive learning environment for all.
Primary duties include:
· Assist with the team leader progressing a group of young people aged sixteen to twenty-five through the twelve-week Prince’s Trust programme so that they can achieve a qualification
· To work with Designated Safeguarding Officers and First Response Officers at the College to supporting in identifying and dealing with safeguarding and Prevent concerns and referrals and liaising internally and externally to provide the necessary support to students and staff
· Facilitate the Princes Trust programme that will be delivered 3 times each year from each delivery point.
· Support driving improved standards in behaviour by accurately capturing and sharing information with regard to students and intervene to improve standard in behaviour where required.
· Provide effective pastoral support, working with students, parents/carers and tutors to identify issues and implement plans to support students
· Provide pastoral support for students, with appropriate referrals to internal support services and work with and liaise with external agencies
· Promote the Team programme to young people aged sixteen to twenty-five who are not in full-time education, employment or training in order to recruit a maximum of fifteen learners onto each Team programme
· Assist with delivering the Team programme to help learners build their self-esteem and achieve a Prince’s Trust Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills, so that they are better equipped for employment or education
If you think that you have the relevant skills and capabilities, we would love to hear from you.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Rebecca Butcher on 07973 871988 or email email@example.com.
Interviews/assessments are planned for 17th April
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.