Teacher of English
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- £18,847.80 - £22,480.80 per annum (pro rata £31,413.00 - £37,468.00 )
- 21 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- English Language / Literature
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time
We are looking for a Teacher of English to join our English Team at the College on a part-time basis (22.5 hours per week).
- Are you educated to Level 3 in a relevant subject?
- Do you hold or are you willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent?
- Do you have experience and knowledge of teaching and assessing English GCSE?
- Lecture and train students and other client groups in English GCSE
- Tutor and manage one or more courses or groups of students
- Assist in the development of the English curriculum alongside the Head of School
- Act as a course tutor to student groups; including organising, administering and monitoring of attendance, and collating data for course evaluation
To succeed in this position you will need to be educated to Level 3 in a relevant subject. You will also need to hold or be willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent.
You will need to have up-to-date experience and knowledge of the English GCSE curriculum.
Experience of working in a Further Education setting is desirable although not essential.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 44 days annual leave, including public bank holidays **
- A maximum of 5 College closure days **
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.68%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
- (** = pro rata for part time)
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.