Lecturer - Business
- Moulton College
- Moulton, Northampton
- £15,706.50 - £18,734.00 per annum (pro rata £31,413.00 - £37,468.00)
- 21 Mar 2023
- 18 Apr 2023
- Subject Area
- Business Studies and Economics
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time
We are looking for a Lecturer - Business to join our Business Team at the College on a part-time basis for 18.75 hours per week.
Do you have have extensive, practical experience of working within Business management?
Do you have a minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)?
You will tutor and manage one or more courses or groups of students, while contributing to the development of the Business course provision. You will counsel students and maintain discipline as required and participate in Internal Verification and auditing monitoring processes. Lecturers participate in the recruitment of students, including attendance at Shows and Careers Conventions.
To succeed in this position the successful candidate will ideally be educated to Degree or HNC level or have the equivalent vocational experience in a related discipline i.e. Business/Business Management, Business Analytics/Business Marketing. You will also need to hold or be willing to work towards and achieve an Award in Teaching and Learning or equivalent and have minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English.
You will have extensive experience of working within Business Management and previous experience as a Teacher/Lecturer within an FE environment would be advantageous although not essential as training can be provided. You will have excellent communication skills and be able to inspire and motivate others. You will be IT literate and confident to learn new systems while demonstrating strong organisational skills.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 44 days annual leave, including public bank holidays **
- A maximum of 5 College closure days **
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.68%)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
- (** = pro rata for part time)
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.