We have a fantastic opportunity for a Library Assistant to join our team.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group has excellent libraries across all our main campuses - Wakefield, Castleford and Selby College. Libraries play a vital role within the Group in supporting teaching and learning. Each Library caters for the curriculum areas based on the campus and provides a range of resources, study space and access to computers.
As a Library Assistant, this will involve:
- Supporting the learning process by assisting customers in their information seeking requirements through books and online resources.
- Providing customer facing Tier 1 technical and learning support in the use of learning platforms and software applications.
- Demonstrating to students the facilities and resources of the Library.
- Returning books and resources to the shelves and maintaining the stock in numerical order.
As a Library Assistant, you should have:
- GCSE A* C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Level 2 IT qualification or equivalent IT experience / skills
- Experience of using Microsoft Office for administration
- Experience of dealing with customers in a busy environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
See what we have to offer and come and join us…You won’t be disappointed
Interview date: Tuesday 4 April 2023
Direct applicants only, no agency CVs or referrals.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Heart of Yorkshire Education Group
- £19,100 - £19,279 pa
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time