Data Protection Officer
The Bedford College Group are are looking for a Data Protection Officer who will ensure that the College demonstrates compliance with GDPR.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of GDPR and local data protection laws. You will have prior experience of performing audits and will be able to apply these skills to our current procedures. Ultimately, you will facilitate GDPR compliance through transparent data protection policies, systems and procedures.
This role plays a key role in the success of our students through:
- advising on compliance with GDPR / local data protection laws
- monitoring adherence to GDPR standards and acting as a point of contact with supervisory authorities and data subjects
- creating and developing processes and procedures to ensure legislation compliance
- deliver GDPR training to our staff to increase awareness of data protection measures
Our ideal candidates will have detailed experience of investigating data breaches and a proven track record of compliance, alongside the following qualifications:
- HND or equivalent
- English and mathematics at Level 2 or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Applicants are reminded that if you are barred from working with Children it is an offence to submit an application for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 29 hours per week (0.78378 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Bedford, Kettering
- £39,140 pa (Up to)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Part Time