Capital City College Group is the largest college group in London, recently rated as Good by Ofsted with Strong for skills on the new enhanced inspection framework. Our colleges include City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College, and The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London. We are committed to success through equality and diversity.
About the role:
Capital City College Group is seeking to appoint an ALS Manager to work at City and Islington College, Holloway Campus. Reporting to the Head of School ALS and Foundation Learning, you will be a key member of the College’s ALS Management Team, contributing to the strategic leadership and development of the ALS provision on its continued journey to excellence.
Within this role you will be responsible for achieving the College’s vision of excellence through the development and implementation of the College’s Strategic Development Plans and Quality Improvement Plans. You will also take responsibility for the leadership, management and development of ALS team at Holloway Campus.
In order to be successful in this role, the successful candidate will need to possess all or most of the following:
- A relevant first degree and/or professional qualification in a relevant subject area, with an excellent understanding of Curriculum Intent and of achieving a high standard of innovation and delivery in Teaching, Learning & Assessment.
- Level 7 Specialist Assessor qualification
- Experience as a successful leader and manager within an educational setting
- Experience and proven success in supporting learners with additional needs.
- Experience of delivering high quality learning support
- A good knowledge and understanding of assessment and diagnostic procedures
- An understanding of EFA/SFA funding methodology in relation to ALS
- A good understanding of current legislation relating to ALS.
- A good working knowledge of eSpirALS system.
At CCCG we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We create a safe and trusting professional environment where people are treated well and equally.
We are committed to safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check.
Our values Respect, Aspiration, Collaboration and Opportunity are the key ideas and principles that people within our organisation and our partners believe are important. They sum Our Purpose: why we do what we do, and Our Approach: how we go about our work.
About City and Islington College:
City and Islington College is the first choice Further Education College for thousands of young people and adults across London. It achieves very good academic results year on year for its students and creates pathways to careers for people of all ages.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if we receive sufficient application for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Capital City College Group
- £49,852 pa
- Subject Area
- Accounting and Finance
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Strategy and Planning
- Contract Type
- Full Time