Health Play Specialism Course Leader (LUM405/113)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £32,313 - £34,220 pa
- 17 Mar 2023
- 10 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
As Course Leader for the Health Play Specialism, you will manage the day-to-day running of the growing apprenticeship provision and foundation degree.
Key duties within the role include:
- Teaching on the programme
- Managing student and apprentice progress and experience
- Liaising with employers, mentors, end point assessment organisation and regulatory body
- Working directly with the Luminate apprenticeship team and UCLeeds Admissions to ensure successful recruitment
- Quality review/evaluation of the programmes
- Co-ordinating with assessors to ensure compliance with review cycle
- Work in a hybrid capacity to deliver our blended offer at the UCLeeds Campus and with our partners at Great Ormond Street Hospital
What You Will Do
- Have experience of working with children and young people, ideally as a Health Play Specialist. However, this post will also be of interest to those who have worked in a healthcare environment and/or special educational needs settings with children and young people.
- Experience of teaching in educational setting, but those willing to work towards a teaching qualification will be considered. Please note that the majority of this teaching will be delivered remotely, this is a hybrid role.
- Be able to deliver a good range of curriculum to engage learners (both online and face to face). Have a passion and ability to inspire and motivate Health Play Specialists on their journey to registration.
- Have a good understanding of apprenticeships and the processes of compliance around these or be willing to learn.
- Be willing to travel to teach at our partner NHS Trusts, currently operating delivery from the UCLeeds Campus and the Great Ormond Street Hospital Training suite (approximately every 6 weeks for 2 days).
- Represent UCLeeds as external events.
The HE Health Department at the UCLeeds delivers a range of foundation degrees, top-up degrees and higher-level apprenticeships in healthcare assistant practitioner, health and wellbeing, health and social care and health play specialism.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to lead our Health Play Specialism programme.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.