Facilities Manager (LUM525/129)
5 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £34,213 - £37,375 pa
- 17 Mar 2023
- 03 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
Campus Facilities is a part of the Directorate of Estates. We provide first line support to Campus users such as teaching and support staff, students, Heads of Department and Principals. We coordinate all Estates activities on site and act as the main point of contact for users, liaising with other parts of Estates which do not have a site presence.
As such we coordinate planned and reactive works on behalf of Property and Maintenance, ensuring that work is scheduled at appropriate times, relevant people on site are consulted, all procedures are followed before, during and after any contract or in house maintenance visit.
We also manage a range of contracts for contracted out services such as cleaning, security, managed printer service, washroom hygiene, waste and many more.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for the effective and efficient service delivery from our in house staff and external contractors
- Line management of 2 mobile facilities supervisors, one site based facilities supervisor and also management of the central reprographics unit at Park Lane campus (the latter includes a Supervisor and two facilities assistants)
- Responsible for Community Sites which includes Somerville House, Enfield Centre, North Street Centre, Beeston Centre, Rothwell, Deacon House (Seacroft), Temple Newsome and the The New Vine
- You will act as the main contact for site leads and colleagues across the Luminate Group needing to work in or with the community sites.
- You will develop working relationships with the Health and Safety Team and Property and Maintenance Team within Estates, and other service functions such as ITSS, MIS, Capital Projects, Safeguarding and others
- You must have a full clean driving license
- Be educated to a level 5 in a relevant construction or facilities subject area
- Must demonstrate significant experience in either facilities, property and maintenance management, including people and contract management
- Membership of IWFM, CIOB, CIBSE or similar relevant professional body would be an advantage but not essential.
- Must be customer focused who can lead, motivate and develop their team and is keen and able to make a positive impact on their site users.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.