Creative Media Production Tutor - Qualified or Unqualified - £31 per hour
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a Fairer City where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries.
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
Our recent Ofsted was good overall with outstanding features and will enable us to grow and develop as an organization and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled workforce.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
WAES has seen a demand in programmes that lead to university or employment in the media sector and as a response is expanding our provision by adding a Level 3 UAL diploma next academic year. This is an exciting time to join WAES on their journey of growth and to support adults aspiring to join an exciting career in the media industry. If you have current and relevant industry expertise and want a role that supports others to break into the industry, this is the role for you. Ideally, we would want you qualified to teach, but for the right person, we are happy to support you to become teacher qualified.
- Planning, organising and delivering exceptional teaching activities, ensuring every student receives the highest quality teaching, learning and feedback, successfully preparing them for roles in the industry. Creating and delivering industry relevant module content, in line with the course and wider programme objectives. Ensuring an ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning experience including Individual Learning Plans and quality assurance implementation and feedback. Supporting the graphics and media curriculum where required for example, course advise and guidance for prospective learners, open days, end of year show.
- You have excellent industry knowledge in the creative media production industry and are aware of current practices and workflow. You must have a qualification in the subject area at Level 4 or above Extensive knowledge of and be able to develop course content and resources for creative media production in the following areas:
- Video Production, Audio Recording, 2d / 3d Animation, Interactive Media, Social Media, Contextual and historical research, Critical Analysis and technical understanding
- A good command of Adobe CC especially Premiere Pro, After Effects, Animate, Audition, Media Encoder; as well as - Blender or Cinema 4D, and Garageband (or similar) Practical experience of low budget productions – including pre-production, production, and post production. You have experience teaching adults, preferably on accredited courses You must have a teaching qualification at Level 3 or above, or the willingness to do one You will have the ability motivate learners to prepare them for roles in industry You must have a qualification in the subject area at Level 4 or above Commitment to outstanding teaching and the learner experience Commitment to your own professional development
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Tuesday 4 April 2023.
Interviews for this post will take place on Monday 17 April 2023.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2072
To apply for this post, please complete the WAES Application Form and EO Monitoring Form from our website.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
- Westminster Adult Education Service
- London (Central)
- £31 per hour
- Subject Area
- Media Studies
- Job Level
- Teacher, Tutor
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time