Facilities Assistant (LUM520/130)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £19,577 pa
- 16 Mar 2023
- 14 Apr 2023
- Job Level
- Facilities Support
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The Estate Directorate comprises of Safety, Health and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team and Property and Maintenance team.
Between them they service a large estate across the whole of the Luminate Group.
What You Will Do
Based at Leeds City College, Park Lane Campus, this role is part of a small team responsible for ensuring that the teaching and learning activities are able to run as they should by supporting the building and systems that enable classes to be set up.
Duties will include;
- PPE refilling, post and parcel delivery, refilling photocopiers, litterpicking, setting out rooms, moving furniture, ensuring the buildings heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems are working and ensuring the site in general is and looks at it's best as a workplace and a place of study.
- You will support the Facilities Supervisor in all the above as well as the more basic planned maintenance tasks that need to be carried out to stay compliant with regulations.
- Your role will include opening up or locking up buildings at the start and end of the shift.
- Shifts are worked on a rota basis, you will work a combination of either Early, Daytime or Late shift. Early shift starting at 6 am and the Late shift finishes between 7pm and 10pm depending on whether it's term time and the day of the week.
- The college currently operates mainly Monday to Friday, although the odd weekend work may be required, at points throughout the year.
- A commitment to self development and to deliver outstanding customer service to our students, staff and users of the campus.
- Good interpersonal skills (i.e. being able to deal with people correctly, communicate effectively, be a team player and stay focused on what needs to be done)
- English and Maths GCSE or equivalent and a driving licence.
- Must have previous experience of delivering amazing customer service
Desirable, but not essential:
- having an SIA door supervision or CCTV monitoring licence
- Having experience with or having worked in a building trade (or having gained a qualification in one) such as plumbing, joinery, building or electrical engineering would be a fantastic bonus
- Previous work experience in a educational setting
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.