Barber Assessor (LUM85)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 pa
- 16 Mar 2023
- 30 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Trainer / Assessor / Verifier
- Job Function
- Quality and Standards, Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
We are looking for a vibrant and creative Barber tutor/assessor, who can teach across all levels.
What You Will Do
- You will be responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates .You will maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team.
- You will be responsible for supporting to develop new units in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners. You will plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity.
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression. You will reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity. You will develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency
- You will be responsible for recording student progress and meeting individual and group learner targets.
- You will develop and employ effective assessment activities and ensure student work is assessed with constructive and timely feedback provided that motivates and inspires students to improve and achieve.
- You will carry out internal verification/moderation.
- You should have relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching - we are interested to here from people working in the sector who have an interest and passion for learning and teaching. Unqualified status can be discussed.
- You will Inspire, motivate and engage the next generation of health or care practitioners.
- You will act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- You will manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- You will be a role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- You will embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Our core purpose is to improve the life chances of our learners. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections.
Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.