Lecturer In Computing And Digital Technology (Technical Computing)
Tresham College are looking for an experienced Technical Computing teacher to join our dynamic Digital Technology team, working across our campuses in Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough.
The successful applicant will be responsible for preparing and delivering engaging, interactive lessons to our students, ensuring they reach their full potential. They should have a creative approach to teaching and be able to motivate students to reach their goals. Through your teaching, you will support students with Architecture, Networking, Cloud Services and Programming.
The successful candidate must possess a degree in a related subject, alongside a recognised teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert Ed, DET) and demonstrable experience of teaching Network Architecture and related subjects to students in a post-16 further education environment.
The role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in the classroom and with colleagues. This role is an excellent opportunity for somebody who enjoys teaching and wants to make an impact on the lives of those they teach, living our values through their work:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
If you think you have what it takes, we want to hear from you.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Safeguarding Our Students
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Potential applicants who are barred from working with Children are reminded that it is a criminal offence to submit an application for this position.
Tresham College campuses in Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough are conveniently located making them commutable by train from surrounding areas, including Market Harborough, Leicester and Nottingham.
Working for The Bedford College Group
This post is a full time position, working 37 hours per week. This role provides for 45 days annual leave, plus public holidays, alongside the following benefits:
- free on-site parking
- access to discounts at college facilities
- teachers pension scheme
- retail and leisure discounts (through Reward Gateway)
- excellent professional and personal development opportunities, accessing college courses.
Application shortlisting will take place week commencing 17th April 2023.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place week commencing 24th April 2023.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- Corby, Wellingborough, Kettering
- £26,000 - £33,619 pa
- Subject Area
- Information and Communication Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time