Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL)
As we look towards September and the opening of The Corby Sixth Form, we are excited to begin our search for teachers to join us.
The Corby Sixth Form aims to be an ambitious and inclusive learning environment that will help build vital study and life skills, offering a sixth form experience that’s different to school with varied programme of subjects.
We are looking for a part time linguist who is able to teach A Level French, Spanish and German. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate recent experience of successfully teaching 16–18-year-old students in a Sixth Form or FE College environment.
The essential qualifications for this post ask that candidates are Degree qualified, alongside a recognised teaching qualification. Further information about the role and the essential requirements, including safeguarding can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
About The Bedford College Group
The Bedford College Group is made up of unique facilities across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire offering high quality learning experiences for every one of our students.
Our facilities include; Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, Tresham College, National College for Motorsport, The Bedford Sixth Form and Learning Centres, operating across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
We have approximately 15,000 full-time, higher education, part-time students and apprentices, our experienced staff and tutors are able to provide the skills training for students to progress to their first-choice university or employer after their time at college, achieving their full potential.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Individuals barred from working in this sector are reminded it is a criminal offence to submit an application.
Terms and Conditions
- 18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
- Teachers Pension
The closing date for this post is 3rd March 2023.
Attachments: JDPS Teacher.pdf
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £28,000 - £36,000 per annum (FTE Salary) depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Part Time