We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Centre Administrator to become a key member of our Centre Administration department.
As a Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing a professional administrative and support service to the appropriate Department and The Bedford College Group.
- Assisting the department with a varied range of customer service and administrative activities and to implement Service Standards effectively.
- Representing the department as a first point of contact by answering telephone enquiries and welcoming visitors.
- Supporting the Head of Department, Course Managers, Advanced Practitioners and programme area staff by producing a range of professional business documents, to include meeting agendas, minutes, letters, emails, reports, on-line purchase requisitions and proof reading.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working effectively in an office based environment and experience of working effectively in a customer focussed environment, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good general education to include English at GCSE grade A*- C or equivalent.
- ITQ Level 2 (IT qualification) or ECDL Level 2 (European Computing Driving Licence) or RSA II (OCR) Word Processing or equivalent
- Level 2 in Maths/Numeracy (GCSE or equivalent) or willingness to achieve Numeracy Level 2.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
Attachments: JDPS Centre Administrator - January 2022 (2).docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £18,350 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Contract Type
- Full Time