Student Services Manager
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Student Services Manager to become a key member of our Student Services department.
As a Student Services Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Leading the Shuttleworth Student Services Teams to support all students including Residential Students
- Regularly auditing the condition of the halls of residence, and liaise with colleagues to ensure improvements are made promptly where needed.
- Supporting the Designated Persons, Staff and Students in relation to personal and health-related issues
- Improving the student experience by offering outstanding levels of customer service
Our ideal candidates will have a successful track record of leading and managing high performing teams and demonstrate a competent knowledge of Student Voice participation, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree level qualification or appropriate experience
- Professional qualification in Level 4 Leadership and Management or willingness to complete within a specified time period.
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- High level of computer literacy skills
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on the 11th April 2023.
Attachments: Student Services Manager - Shuttleworth.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £33,112 per annum
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time