Lead Safeguarding Officer
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Church Street, Stapleford, Nottingham, NG9 8GA
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
High Pavement Sixth Form
Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
Jesse Boot Avenue, Science Park, University Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2RU
London Road, Nottingham, NG2 3DX
Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham, NG11 6JZ
14-16 Wheeler Gate, Nottingham, NG1 2NB
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, proactive team? We are pleased to be recruiting for a Lead Safeguarding Officer to join the Wellbeing Team.
You will be organised, motivated and ready for a challenge in this role. You will demonstrate excellent organisational skills, applying professionalism and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information. You will be able to work closely with your team to look after learners and provide appropriate advice, guidance, training and support.
Primary duties include:
· To work with the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Line manager (ADSL) to develop and deliver an effective Safeguarding offer to enhance the student experience and meet Nottingham College’s statutory duty.
· Manage and support a team of Safeguarding and Looked after Officers as well as the Safeguarding Administrator.
· Managing a substantial caseload of students with all safeguarding concerns and make decisions in accordance with legislation.
· To develop and deliver a wide range of high quality staff and student safeguarding and prevent related training. Ensuring that they are legally compliant, reflects the local authority’s referral procedures, promotes best practice and are reflective of the risks identified in the College, including local and national issues.
· Raise awareness of the Prevent Duty amongst all staff and students providing appropriate information resources and training.
If you think that you have the relevant skills and capabilities, we would love to hear from you.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Rebecca Butcher on 07973 871988 or email email@example.com.
Interviews are planned for 30th March
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim
to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Nottingham College
- £25,025 - £28,850 per annum (Band 6)
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time