Attendance Officer (Adult, Community & ESOL)
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £20,987 - £22,000 per annum
- 13 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The ESOL department at Leeds City College is a grade 1 department. Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. In 2021-22 there were over 5000 students with a team of 190, bringing education and life-changing experiences to our learners. This post is to oversee and monitor the ACE department attendance data on a daily basis, working with the attendance manager and other key staff
What You Will Do
- When required, you will organise and arrange interventions with regards to attendance
- You will organise, attend and monitor home visits in order to promote high attendance and develop positive relations with parents
- You will provide a pastoral support service for students on a one-to-one and group basis to assist students experiencing barriers in their learning
- You will meet with external agencies to obtain support with difficult attendance issues
- You will address barriers to learning for a targeted group of individual students in order to enable them to achieve their full potential
- You should be confident with Excel, google sheets, and manipulating data
- You should have the ability to manage own caseload, prioritise tasks and problem solve
- You should demonstrate ability to assess and motivate new learners
- You should demonstrate learner achievement and progression
- You should have excellent interpersonal skills Level 3 or above qualification in a relevant area
- You should have experience of working with young people and adults in an education/community setting
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.