Public Affairs Manager (LUM105/103)
About the Role
The communications department works across Luminate Education Group to manage all internal and external communications for Leeds City College, Harrogate College, Keighley College, Leeds Sixth Form College and the University Centre Leeds. We're focused on delivering impactful and inspiring communications, driven by insight, to meet organisational objectives.
What You Will Do
- Develop and deliver a public affairs strategy for Luminate Education Group to ensure that our voice (and that of the education sector) is strengthened with key decision makers.
- Monitor parliamentary activity and identify opportunities for Luminate Education Group to engage on relevant policy matters that affects education.
- Craft written content for consultation responses, briefings, letters and press releases.
- Have regular contact with key external stakeholders and keep abreast of the media landscape to provide internal forecasts to the communications department.
- Ensure that senior members of the group are briefed on key parliamentary and government developments.
- Strong understanding and experience of public affairs and lobbying.
- Knowledge of the British political system and local government.
- Experience in writing a range of content for political purposes, with a proven track record of yielding desired outcomes.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience of stakeholder management and engagement
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.