ESOL Teacher 16-19s (LUM90)
4 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 per annum
- 13 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Subject Area
- ESOL / EAL
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
The ESOL department at Leeds City College is a grade 1 department. Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. In 2022-23 there were over 5000 students with a team of 200, bringing education and life-changing experiences to our ESOL students. ESOL adults are some of our most vulnerable citizens and account for the largest populations in our poorest Wards in Leeds.
The ESOL team are based predominantly at the Enfield Centre, and with 16-19 (sixth form) groups in North Street, and smaller provision at Beeston, Deacon House and some outreach centres. We teach Mon-Thurs from 09:30-21:00 and Fridays/ Saturdays from 09:30-15:00. Teaching up to two evenings or/and Saturdays may be required.
This position is for placement with 16-19 provision at North Street, so experience with teenagers is essential. Up to two evenings teaching may be required.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Develop the essential knowledge and understanding to teach ESOL learners.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Monitor students to achieve their targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You should hold a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE, Delta). Celta is not recognised in the UK as a full teaching qualification, but successful applicants can be supported to complete a L5 Teaching Qualification with the college with department financial support.
- You should have a relevant degree in English, or similar.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.