Additional Learning Support and SEN Team Leader (LUM86)
4 days left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 per annum
- 13 Mar 2023
- 24 Mar 2023
- Subject Area
- Special Needs and Supported Learning
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Student Services / Recruitment
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About the Role
Our Adult provision was graded as Outstanding by Ofsted in May 2022. In 2021-22 there were over 5000 students with a team of 190, bringing education and life-changing experiences to our learners.
This role requires an experienced professional in SEN (special educational needs) and ALS (additional learning support) to lead on the placement and support of students across Adult, Community and ESOL (ACE). You will be an operational main point of contact with parents and curriculum staff, contribute towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students, and line manage a highly effective team within the ACE department.
What You Will Do
- Support with evidence for funding claims for the department, eg. AEB / ALS in Adult, Community and ESOL (ACE)
- Work with teachers to support individuals who have additional learning support needs across the department
- Identify ALS students and create an assessment plan to support them
- Develop and deliver introductory courses in outreach centre
- Develop the essential knowledge and understanding to support learners.
Support students to achieve their individual SMART learning targets.
Monitor students to develop their skills to enable progression across the department.
Provide temporary teaching cover for staff absence
Liaise with the wider college learning support team to ensure that funding requirements are met in line with current guidance.
- Level 5 teaching qualification or relevant SEND / Learning Support related qualification or willingness to work towards.
- You should have a good standard of spoken and written English.
- You should have experience of supporting learners with additional needs preferably in Further Education.
- You may have experience of working in childcare, schools or health and social care.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.