Programme Tutor Health & Social Care
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced FE Tutor who has also had a career working within Health and Social Care, to deliver high quality teaching and learning on our Health and Social Care courses.
In this role, you will:
• Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve high grades.
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
• Be an outstanding teacher and role model
• Teach to a high standard and provide learners with the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work within the Health and Social Care sector.
• Be the progress tutor providing pastoral support to 2 tutor groups per year.
• Work with colleagues to create a Health and Social Care provision that excites and stimulates all learners
• Be able to deliver to current industry standards, relating this to working methods and practices found in your industry today.
• Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice.
• Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
Deborah Wilson, Head of Faculty for Caring Professions says “This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking, professional with a strong vocational background in Health and Social Care to join the Faculty of Caring Professions. You will be a part of a team of experienced technical and professional staff; delivering a diverse curriculum that provides our learners a clear progression route into Apprenticeships, higher levels of study, or into the job market. As a Tutor you will be at the forefront of developing and delivering inspirational and ambitious lesson content, demonstrating your passion for education, and your high expectations of learners”.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- Oldham College
- £28,316 - £31,833 pa
- Subject Area
- Health, Public Services and Social Care
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time