Assistant HR Manager
1 day left
- The Northern School of Art
- Hartlepool, Durham
- £32,163 - £33,957 (based on increments, starting salary £32,163)
- 10 Mar 2023
- 26 Mar 2023
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Human Resources
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The Northern School of Art (The role is predominately based at our campus in Hartlepool but there will also be a requirement to work at our Middlesbrough site)
37 hours per week (job share would be considered)
The Northern School of Art provides students with Further and Higher Education in specialist art and design across two campuses (Middlesbrough and Hartlepool) within the North East of England.
This role will support the Vice Principal (People Services) in leading, delivering and continuously developing efficient and effective generalist HR services across the School.
The Assistant HR Manager will be responsible for the ongoing implementation of the HR strategy ensuring that the overall school objectives are achieved through the development of robust talent management, succession, engagement and learning and development solutions.
Some of the main responsibilities of the Assistant HR Manager will include:
- Advising on all aspects of HR management for the School’s staff, ensuring adherence to appropriate legislation and regulation, and supporting the Vice Principal (People Services) with the review and formulation of the School’s HR policies and procedures;
- Collating HR data and assisting the Vice Principal (People Services) with the preparation, compilation, distribution and presentation of reports required by the School;
- Developing and delivering HR training sessions;
- Ensuring appropriate staff development activities take place to support the overall School strategy;
- Planning and implementing the recruitment and retention of employees to meet School requirements; and
- Assisting the Vice Principal (People Services) with the development of the centralised HR database, ensuring appropriate data is collected and stored so relevant statistics and reports can be produced.
The Assistant HR Manager should have a pleasant and approachable manner and have sufficient experience to be comfortable in discussions with senior staff. You should have an Honours degree or equivalent relevant professional qualification and be a member or fellow of the CIPD.
What will you get if you join us?
- Work for an institution that supports work-life balance, and cares for the wellbeing of staff;
- Staff development opportunities;
- Generous annual leave;
- Free confidential counselling service and physiotherapy;
- Free eye tests and contribution towards glasses for VDU use;
- Free IT products including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud;
- Professional fees paid by the School;
- Staff recognition awards
- Free car parking and access to other staff benefits; and
- Access to the Local Government Pension scheme (with significant employer contributions).
Closing date for receipt of completed applications 26/03/2023
Enhanced DBS (with barred list) check will be required
For further information about the role, please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.