Estates & Facilities Coordinator
We have a great opportunity based at Corby Sixth Form for a Estates & Facilities Coordinator to become a key member of our Estates and Facilities department.
As a Estates & Facilities Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Post holders will provide a full range of services to ensure the overall environment fully supports the aims and visions of the Bedford College Group. These duties include security, portering, maintenance and ground maintenance, statutory checks & testing, driving and cleaning.
- To act as a first point of contact and oversee all operational issues on a day-to-day basis and ensure that effectiveness is maximised in order that the College can fulfil its statutory obligations. To provide a high level of customer service to all college users.
- To supervise the day to day work of Estates & Facilities Assistants; to ensure that the whole team works in the most efficient and effective manner possible. To develop proposals to further improve the way in which the department delivers a service to the end user. This includes supporting the Estates & Facilities Team Leader in the completion of annual appraisals and setting/monitoring of objectives.
- To act as a mentor and coach for all team members.
- To act as the first point of contact for key holding companies and emergency services. To provide emergency response at all times, including out of normal working hours, and escalate any issues as required.
Our ideal candidates will have substantial experience in an Estates & Facilities or other similar operational role, and supervisory experience of managing a Estates & Facilities team effectively, alongside the following qualifications:
- Willing to undertake and complete all necessary training involved with the role
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services
- 40 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on 17th April 2023.
Estates and Facilities Coordinator JD March 2022.doc
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.
- The Bedford College Group
- £23,460 pa
- Subject Area
- Job Level
- Administrator / Officer / Advisor
- Job Function
- Estates and Facilities
- Contract Type
- Full Time