Teacher - Chef (LUM82)
1 day left
- Luminate Education Group
- Leeds, West Yorkshire
- £27,829 - £30,405 pa
- 09 Mar 2023
- 26 Mar 2023
- Subject Area
- Catering, Hospitality and Food Technology
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Leeds City College are recruiting for a Teacher, Chef to join our team in the School of Travel, Food and Drink. We are looking for a committed, passionate educator and chef with industry experience to work within our team of highly skilled teachers and support staff.
The School of Travel, Food and Drink offers a varied curriculum including Entry level 3, levels one, two, three and extended, which includes a variety of vocational and apprenticeship options. Our full time programmes of study are generally for students aged 16-19, while we offer a number of part time options for mature students who may prefer a more flexible approach to learning.
Our highly skilled team of specialist teachers and support staff take pride in developing our students’ personal and employability skills to prepare them for future life and work. We have a strong emphasis on team work and communication, offering mutual support and flexibility while striving for the highest standards for our students. Our ultimate goal is to enable our learners to become independent, skilled individuals who excel in the industry specialisms they have chosen
What You Will Do
- You will be delivering a varied curriculum from Level 1 City and Guilds to Level 3 VRQ full time learners, aged mainly 16-19 years.
- You will be responsible for planning and tracking assessment throughout the year to ensure students are making the expected progress
- You will work with the Food and Drink team to facilitate relevant lesson delivery which will mirror the ever changing nature of the hospitality industry.
- You will support our learners throughout their academic journey by helping to create exciting/relevant industry standard resources that can aid in the delivery of the food and drink courses within our school and take part in relevant CPD to update and support the development of your own particular skills.
- You will support our learners throughout their academic journey by helping to create exciting/relevant industry standard resources that can aid in the delivery of the food and drink courses within our school and take part in relevant CPD to update and support the development of your own particular skills
- You will have experience in teaching within a Further Education setting, specialising in hospitality delivery at levels 1, 2 and 3, and be able to demonstrate a passion for new and innovative ideas around curriculum development.
- Your experience will include positively managing students to ensure excellent retention, achievement, success and attendance with our cohort of learners.
- You will build positive relationships with students and staff using restorative practice techniques, be flexible and a positive role model across our campus.
- Your skill set will also include excellent organisation skills and the ability to provide productive insight into the development of the courses.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.