Lecturer in Business
Working together with Taking Teaching Further we are recruiting for a Lecturer in Business, due to increased enrolment numbers, and an expanding Curriculum, we are looking for engaging and inspiring people to join our Business team.
We are keen to hear from individuals with a diverse range of experience. As well as wanting to hear from qualified teachers who already deliver Level 2, 3 and level 4 Business Courses, we are also interested in hearing from newly qualified Business graduates or individuals from industry wanting to take their first step into further education.
Here at Oaklands we offer a robust Teacher Training programme, whilst learning the role ‘on the job’ full support is given throughout your development to fully qualified teacher status. Whilst in employment you would be enrolled onto the Level 3 Award in Education and training. After completion you would be enrolled onto our Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification. This is a great way for experienced professionals to achieve a recognised teaching qualification whilst in employment.
Whilst completing your Level 3 teaching qualification you would be offered a structured induction programme and be paired with an experienced mentor and start on a reduced teaching timetable, gradually increasing as your experience and skills strengthen. You will gain broad experience in a teaching environment from enrolment, SAR process to results day. You will also have the opportunity to experience a variety of departments at the College.
It would be an advantage if candidates have experience or knowledge in some of these key areas.
- HR & Recruitment
- Economics/Personal and Business Finance
- Marketing / Digital Marketing / Branding Enterprise & Entrepreneurship Event Planning Product Innovation Business Law Launching a new business
What would we like to see?
Individuals with a strong commitment to the education of young people! Excellent organisation skills are essential, alongside the ability to motivate and engage with people from a range of backgrounds.
You will join a fantastic team who are committed to creating an inspiring curriculum for our new cohort of students and will take an active role in the curriculum design and lesson planning, ensuring students are ready for their next steps.
If you would like to find out more information about this position or if you have any questions around the teaching qualification, please contact the Recruitment team.
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed, early applications are advised as the advert may close before the closing date.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous Salary
- Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme.
- Generous annual leave – 42 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as a team
- The ability to work towards deadlines
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oaklands College
- St Albans
- £25,687 - £38,855 per annum
- Subject Area
- Business Studies and Economics
- Job Level
- Job Function
- Academic Support
- Contract Type
- Full Time